Compatible for all frame shells with BB86, BB89.5, BB92 and Shimano Hollowtech II cranksets with 24mm axle.
For BB89.5, BB92 and Shimano MTB cranksets please note at right.
For SRAM GXP cranksets see other item: BB86PRTBT
To make the BB86 a tough bottom bracket, we use the best materials. This means the shell is made from a combination of fibre and plastic. This allows us to machine it precisely and allows it to fit precisely in the frame and eliminate squeaks. It also provides a stable platform for the bearings and gives them a longer lifespan.
In order to make this bottom bracket even more durable we use our patented X-Seals to keep moisture out while keeping drag to a minimum. The Ceramic Ti bearings are extremely hard making the rolling resistance low and saving you precious energy. And since these bottom brackets are hand-assembled, we can be sure that only the most precisely made bottom brackets are ever packaged and sold. Sure, it's a lot of effort but details matter.
- Ti Ceramic Bearing Technology, features proprietary Titanium Nitride coated stainless steel races and cones.
- TiN nano-technology surface treatments fill stainless steel pores making the bearing races smoother, harder, and more durable than standard stainless races.
- This product is lighter stiffer smoother and will last longer than other ceramic and steel bearings.
- Ti Ceramic bearings are 60% lighter than steel bearings
- Ti Ceramic Bearings produce up to 60% less friction
- Ti Ceramic Bearings are 15-20% stiffer than steel ones
- Ti Ceramic Bearings are resistant to corrosion
- Ti Ceramic Bearings have a lifetime 10 times longer than steel bearings
- Bearing Race Material: Nano-technology Titanium Nitride coated stainless steel.
- Rolling Element Material: Full Ceramic Si3N4 Grade 5
- Bearing Grade: ABEC 5
- Bearing Ball Density: 3.2g/cm³
- Vickers Hardness Index: 1,700-2700 kg/mm²
- Low Friction Nylon retainer
- Enclosure Type: Low Friction Seal both sides
- Lubricant: Kluber NBU 12/300KP
- 2- Ø41 cups for Ø24mm spindles
- 58g per set