Super lightweight design for integrated external type bottom brackets/cranksets.
- English: 68xBSA 1.37"x24T, R/L cups
- Shimano Hollowtech II: Ø24mm axle
- SRAM GXP: Ø24/22mm axle
Triple8 is an extremely high quality bottom bracket that was designed for use with all Shimano and SRAM GXP cranksets. The bottom bracket is precision made for durability and smoothness – and did we mention it also looks pretty fantastic! We designed this bottom bracket so the bearings rest on the axle of the crankset to provide a straight load to the bearings, which results in a longer life for the bottom bracket. This also allows us to make the Triple8 with tighter tolerances so it runs smoother and has less friction. This means you can save your watts for thrashing your competitors or just make it up a hill with a little less suffering.
To keep the Triple8 long lasting and maintenance free, we use our patented X-Seals that keep water out of the bearings. There are multiple small seals and this reduces the friction while providing a better barrier against moisture and dirt. The bearings themselves are precision manufactured and packed in slick, waterproof grease.
All of these features combine to make the Triple8 an excellent choice for riders who place high demands on their components and expect them to perform as well as they do.
- Bearing Race Material: 52100 High Carbon Chromium alloy races ground and polished ball path ensures smooth and quiet ride in all conditions. Vacuum de-gassing process for the purest chromium alloy steel, hardened to R-62, extremely tough and very durable.
- Bearing Grade: ABEC 5 standard. Bearing design must pass all tests, which include noise testing at high RPM, extremely close tolerances for I.D. and O.D., roundness of ball, trueness of the races and micro surface finishes of balls and races.
- Bearing Ball Density: Grade 5 Chromium Steel Balls. High precision balls are within 5/1,000,000″ round. R-64 hardness, of the highest grade.
- Low Friction Nylon Retainer diminishes rolling resistance making these bearings run smoother and quieter.
- Enclosure Type: Patented X-Seals- Low Friction Dual Lip Silicone - Keeps grease in and invading contaminents out ensuring longer bearing life.
- Lubricant: Kluber NBU 12/300KP Provides excellent protection against the elements of rain, dirt, muck, and sand over extended periods of testing, far outlasting other greases.
- Lighter than other brands
- Smoother and will last longer than any other external bottom brackets.
- Specially designed for use with integrated cranksets
- ABEC 5 Long lasting high rolling sealed cartridge bearing construction
- Durable forged aluminum cups CNC machined
- Installation: Fitted with Park Tool BBT-49.2
- Actual Weight: 62grams (with dust sleeve 71g)
- Compare to Dura Ace at 68g listed
- Compare to SRAM GXP at 108g
SUPER-Lite Integrated External Bottom Bracket Fits: Shimano/Sram
Shimano Hollowtech II Ø24mm Bottom Brackets
SRAM GXP Ø24/22mm Bottom Brackets
- Shimano Bottom Brackets: SM-BB9000, BB-R9100, SM-BB93, others
- SRAM Bottom Brackets: SRAM GXP
- FSA Bottom Brackets: FSA Mega XO
Shimano DURA ACE: SM-FC9100, SM-FC9000, SM-FC7900, SM-FC7800
Shimano ULTEGRA: SM-FC8000, SM-FC6800, SM-FC6700, SM-FC6600, SM-FC6601G
Shimano 105: SM-FC7000, SM-FC5800, SM-FC5700, SM-FC5600
- Shimano XTR, XT, Deore
- Shimano other HollowTech II
SRAM GXP Cranksets
- Sram Road: Red, Force, & Rival.
- Sram MTB: XX1, XX, XO
- Sram other