Introducing the super lightweight Ti Ceramic RACE-Lite BB86 type bottom bracket!
- BB86.5 mm
- BB89.5 mm
- BB92 mm
- SRAM GXP Cranksets: Ø24/22mm axle
- TRUVATIVE Cranksets: Ø24/22mm axle
To make the BB86 a tough bottom bracket, we use the best materials. This means the shell is made from poly fibre. This allows us to machine it precisely and allows it to fit precisely in the frame and eliminate squeaks. It also provides a stable platform for the bearings and gives them a longer lifespan.
In order to make this bottom bracket even more durable we use our patented X-Seals to keep moisture out while keeping drag to a minimum. The Ceramic Ti bearings are extremely hard making the rolling resistance low and saving you precious energy. And since these bottom brackets are hand-assembled, we can be sure that only the most precisely made bottom brackets are ever packaged and sold. Sure, it's a lot of effort but details matter.
- SUPER SMOOTH TiN CERAMIC BEARINGS: Nano-technology Titanium Nitride coated ABEC 5 Grade bearing races with Si3N4 Grade 3 ceramic balls. Lighter stiffer & smoother and will last longer than other ceramic and steel bearings
- Performance Breakthrough - Speed increases approaching 4%, i.e., over 1 km a rider can gain 20-40m
- TiN nano-technology surface treatments fill stainless steel pores making the bearing races smoother, harder, and more durable than standard stainless races.
- 60% lighter than steel bearings
- Produce up to 60% less friction
- 15-20% stiffer than steel ones
- Extremely resistant to corrosion
- Lifetime 10 times longer than steel bearings
- SUPER LOW FRICTION X-SEALS: Patented technology uses Low Friction Dual Lip Seals housed in the Premium bearings and CNC machined alloy cups. This allows the seals to fit very precisely and allow for less contact between the rotating parts in order to reduce energy-wasting friction. In addition, the seals provide better protection for the bearings since there is less space for the elements to get past the seals
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT PF FIBER CUPS: Durable injection molded Polyester Fiber cups for lightweight and noise elimination.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Combination of the lightest materials and construction make for the LIGHTEST square taper bottom bracket made
- BEARING GRADE: ABEC 5 standard. Bearing design must pass all standard tests, which include noise testing at high RPM, extremely close tolerances for I.D. and O.D., roundness of ball, trueness of the races and micro surface finishes of balls and races.
- BEARING RACE MATERIAL: Nano-technology Titanium Nitride coated alloy steel. Surface hardness: HV2800~3000 kg/mm2, TiN thickness: 0.2µm, Passed corrosion testing for over 72hrs
- BEARING BALL DENSITY: Full Ceramic Si3N4 Grade 3, Bearing Ball Density: 3.2g/cm³Vickers Hardness Index: 1,700-2700 kg/mm²
- BEARING RETAINER: Low Friction Nylon retainer diminishes rolling resistance making these bearings run smoother and quieter
- ENCLOSURE SEAL TYPE: X-SEAL Low Friction Dual Lip Silicone - Reduced friction while keeping grease in and invading contaminants out ensuring longer bearing life
- LUBRICANT: Kluber ISOFLEX NBU 15 Provides excellent protection against the elements of rain, dirt, muck, and sand over extended periods of testing, far outlasting other greases.
- Ø41mm PF Fiber cups inserted with Ti Ceramic Bearings
- 1- SRAM cup for Ø24mm right spindle
- 1- SRAM cup/adapter for Ø22mm left spindle
- 2- 1mm spacers
- WEIGHT: 62g per set (70g with optional sleeve)